Project Title: The Dr. Paul Saladino Nose-To-Tail Carnivore Deuterium Study
By the Center for Deuterium Depletion
839 1/2 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
In consideration of my participation in the Dr. Paul Saladino Nose-To-Tail Carnivore Deuterium Study (hereinafter “Project”,) and without any further consideration from the Center for Deuterium Depletion and its affiliates and assigns (hereinafter “COMPANY”,) I do hereby agree as follows:
1. USE OF NAME AND LIKENESS. I hereby grant to the COMPANY the right and permission to use in perpetuity, my name, likeness, image, voice, recorded voice, appearance, biographical information, age, gender, wellness and metabolic data, statements, performance and/or testimonial(s) (collectively, “Appearance”) to the extent permitted by law, in any manner and in any media, now known or later developed, throughout the universe, at any time and in perpetuity, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the COMPANY’s products and/or services, such as the publishing of scientific research, and compare your personal data, without review, permission or compensation of any amount or kind whatsoever. COMPANY shall have complete ownership of any recording, product, copy, presentation or other material or file containing or featuring my Appearance (“Product”), including copyright interests, and I acknowledge I have no interest or ownership in the Product (or any portion thereof) or its copyright. This grant includes without limitation the right for COMPANY to edit, abridge, augment, title, or create a compilation from my Appearance in whole or part as COMPANY may elect in its sole discretion.
2. RIGHT TO CONTRACT. I am at least the age of majority in my state and have the right and the ability to enter into this agreement.
3. RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I shall not hold COMPANY responsible for any liability resulting from the lawful use of my Appearance in accordance with the terms of this agreement. I expressly release COMPANY, its agents, employees, licensees and assigns from and against any and all claims which I have or may have for invasion of privacy, defamation or any other cause of action arising out of production, distribution, broadcast or exhibition of my Appearance.
4. NO OBLIGATION. I understand that COMPANY has the right, but not the obligation to use my Appearance.
5. NO CONFLICTS. I confirm that I have the right to enter into this Agreement, that I am not restricted by any commitments to third parties, and that COMPANY has no financial commitment or obligations to me as a result of this Agreement. I will not authorize or permit the use of my name, voice, photograph, likeness, or testimonial in connection with the advertising or promotion of any product or service competitive to or incompatible with COMPANY’s products or services for two years after the date of this agreement. I agree that this agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, as contracts made in California.
6. REPRESENTATIONS. I understand that information I learn from COMPANY is not designed to independently diagnose, prevent, or treat any condition or disease or to ascertain the state of my health in the absence of medical and clinical information. I understand that the COMPANY services are intended for research, informational, and educational purposes, and that while COMPANY information might point to a diagnosis or to a possible treatment, it should always be confirmed and supplemented by additional medical and clinical testing and information. I acknowledge that COMPANY urges me to seek the advice of my physician or other health care provider if you have questions or concerns arising from the data obtained during the course of Project. I give permission to COMPANY, its contractors, successors and assignees to perform deuterium testing services on my saliva and breath samples and I specifically request COMPANY to disclose the results of these analyses to me and to anyone else the COMPANY decides to publish or broadcast these results by any media now, know or hereafter devised, in connection to my name and likeness.
7. GUARANTEES. I guaranteeing that any sample I provide is my saliva and breath condensates. I take responsibility for all possible consequences resulting from my sharing with others access to my deuterium information. I specifically understand that I will not receive compensation for any research or commercial products that include or result from my deuterium tests.
10. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. Any dispute of any claim arising from a breach or alleged breach of this agreement will be determined by submission to arbitration as provided by California State Law. All parties to this agreement, by entering into it, are giving up their constitutional rights to have any such dispute decided in a court of law before a jury, and instead are accepting the use of arbitration.
11. JURISDICTION. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California applicable to contracts to be wholly performed within such state and without regard to conflicts of laws provisions.